- Stairwell braking system for a safe controlled stair descent.
- Enables ‘send and receive’ stair evacuation helping to reduce the risk of manual handling injuries to the operator.
- Three securing cross straps with metal side release buckles (plastic buckles on First Call funeral sled).
- Foot-end T-strap for extra security.
- Two foot-end pulling straps.
- 8 carry/positioning handles.
- 100% assembled and ready to use for both horizontal and vertical evacuation.
- Can hold IV bags, oxygen, bedding and other necessary life sustaining equipment.
- Decon capable.
- Comes complete with carry bag with shoulder strap.
- All sleds safety tested to: 450kg.
- Recommended safe working load: 120kg for two people (when not using braking system).
Med Sled is a durable, cost effective, no-lift evacuation device. Featuring a unique tethered breaking system, it allows emergency workers to evacuate individuals 3 times their own weight down stairwells, in a smooth and controlled manner.
Ideal for use in hospitals, care facilities, schools and universities or as an alternative to evacuation chairs.
96.5cm x 23cm approx.
203cm x 91.5cm approx
|Safety tested to||
|Safe working load||
120kg two people (when not using braking system)
High density Polyethylene
Standard Med Sled – Red